“Relax, or you’ll die tensed up.” – Manfred Duske
Born in Kassel, Germany, Manfred started his racing career in a Formula Ford in 1974 because he says, “it seemed like a good idea at the time”. His racing experience includes tracks in the USA, Canada, and even the fabled Nürburgring Grand Prix Track. Manfred was twice named Driver of the Year by the International Race Driver Club (IRDC). These days he enjoys endurance racing, mentoring new incoming race drivers, and “growing old gracefully.” Some of his racing experiences include:
- ICSCC, SCCA, NASA, FIA Licenses GT2 Class Championship: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2006.
- SPO Championship: 1996, 1997, 1998.
- 25 Hours of Thunderhill 8 years: In 2007 – 3rd Place ES, 5th overall, In 2008 – 4th Place ES, 7th place overall out 70+ cars.
- IRDC Driver of the Year in 1994 and 2005.
- 24 Hours at the Nürburgring Nordschleife in 2007 and 2008.
- Mini Enduro MEO Class Championship in 2018.
Mission Raceway Park, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Nürburgring Grand Prix Track, Oregon Raceway Park, Pacific Raceways, Portland International Raceway, Spokane County Raceway, Thunderhill Raceway Park, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, and the Frozen Lake Ice Racing in Canada.
IRDC Driving Schools, Cascade Sports Car Club Driving Schools, and at ProFormance Racing School since 1994.
- Racing Hero: Hans Stuck.
- Favorite Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife.
- Favorite Road Car: BMW 5 Series.
- Favorite Track Car: Whichever one runs.
- Favorite Music: Rock and roll and jazz.
- Favorite Food: Anything not too spicy.