“Don’t try to scare us. We’re already terrified.” – Clete Roberts
If it sparks adrenaline, Clete revels in it. Apart from road racing, Clete goes in for skiing, karting, table tennis . . . he can even get an adrenaline charge out of golf!
It all started with tricycle racing at the age of 4. Since then, Clete has done karting, autocross, SCCA, Conference, and SOVERN. He’s worked as a professional driver and is adept at handling anything from a minibike to a lawn tractor. If it’s got wheels and a motor . . .
Circuit of the Americas, Honda Proving Center of California, Honda Transportation Research Center Ohio, Mission Raceway Park, Portland International Raceway, Sonoma Raceway, The Ridge Motorsports Park, Thunderhill Raceway Park, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, and the super-chic Evergreen Speedway infield home to School Bus Figure 8 Racing (you read that right).
Clete has been with ProFormance since the turn of the century, literally. Also with various local clubs, including BMW, Alfa, SOVERN, Conference, and Porsche.
- Racing Hero: Ayrton Senna.
- Favorite Track: Circuit of the Americas.
- Favorite Road Car: Rolls Royce Wraith.
- Favorite Track Car: If you’re driving it should be a big, fat Merc with AC and brakes that work. If I’m driving it needs to be the latest, greatest whiz-bang Ferrari / McLaren conveyance yet to be built.
- Favorite Music: Gee whiz, whatever I’m in the mood for.
- Favorite Food: Hmmm, it would probably have some sort of bacon element involved.