- This event has passed.
Power Lunch 12-1 pm
October 22, 2021 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pm$145.00 – $150.00
Prerequisite: Pacific Raceways Experience
Registration & Payment Link at the bottom of this page.
- Check in: 11:30 AM
- Drivers Meeting: Noon
- Power Lunch Lapping: 12:00-1:00 PM
Cost $145 Solo only
Every lapping driver is provided with a ProFormance Driver’s Log Book. This book is a “working instrument” which you should keep in your car so you can establish a “driver’s notes” system to track your progress.
In addition, ProFormance staff will use it to document their observations and comments. Please remember to bring your log book each time you drive with us and have it date-stamped at each day’s end.
Sport Driving License
Upon the successful conclusion of your first lapping day return from the One Day High performance driving clinic, your coach will issue you a Sport Driver’s License. All ProFormance drivers qualified to solo will be issued this credential. The license must be presented at check-in.
Highlights of Driving Guidelines to be Covered in our Meeting:
- No ride giving – this is an insurance issue. The rule is in place to manage your risk and legal exposure. Time allowing, ProFormance instructors are permitted to give rides.
- Remember this is sport driving at 7/10ths – not full-on racing!.
- Entry to and exit from the track will be discussed.
- Passing on the front straightaway permitted only at the indication of the instructor or lapping driver. Driver guidelines and let by zones will be discussed.
- Prior to going on track, you should review pre-lapping checklist.
- If there are new guidelines relevant to that particular day’s session ProFormance staff will review those at the meeting.
- Cars being jacked up in the paddock area must be supported by a jack stand
- Tires must have even wear and good tread depth, with no delaminating chunks, flat spots or cords
- Wheel bearings must be good (no mechanical wobble in the wheels)
- Lug nuts – verify they are tight.
- Brake pedal must be firm when pumped a couple of times.
- Brake lines must be in good condition (not cracked or ballooned)
- Brake pads must have sufficient pad left for a day of lapping
- Brake lights must be functional
- Engine hoses and belts must be in good condition.
- Throttle return springs must be in good condition.
- Fluid levels must be adequate (coolant, oil, transmission, differential, etc.)
- Fluid caps on tight.
- No fluid leaks.
- Nothing can be loose on the car body.
- Battery tie-down must be tight.
- Absolutely every loose item in the car must be removed. Check the floor, the dash, under the seats, and in the trunk. If it’s not bolted down, take it out.
- Empty the trunk.
- Tighten the spare tire, jack, and tools.
- Pop-out caps or inserts on wheels must be removed
- Tire pressure – be sure to set the cold tire pressures before you drive the car. Generally, you’ll want to set them at least 2-4 PSI above normal pressures based on track conditions and weather.
Cancellations: We require 8 days notice of cancellation. Failure to notify our office, either by telephone or writing, prior to 8 days of your reserved school date will result in forfeiture of your tuition. Payment in full required 8 days prior to the clinic. No refunds, credits, or exchanges are given for cancellation less than 8 days from scheduled date with full 100% tuition due. No refunds or credit due to mechanical or weather day of event. Prices subject to change without notice. Sorry, but some restrictions may apply.