Chief of Operations
Most drivers’ first experience with ProFormance is a warm welcome from Donna. When she’s not communicating with clients, Donna handles a breathtaking number of tasks for ProFormance, from registration and staffing, to setting the daily agenda, to catering. She also manages instructors, reassures novice drivers that they’ll have the time of their life, and makes sure everyone has what they need to succeed.
Before ProFormance, Donna’s background was as a teacher and school principal, albeit one with a love of cars and racing. She’d already taken the One-Day High Performance Driving Experience at the International Race Driver’s Club when, after receiving the Golden Apple award for outstanding educators, she proposed starting a school to teach racing. She and Don typed up a few thoughts which became ProFormance; the combination of Donna’s administrative skills and Don’s racing expertise proved a winner.
“I love my job,” Donna says. “Now I’m at a school where everyone wants to show up, instructors and students alike – and attendance is usually perfect. That’s what makes my job fun.”
Donna’s mission is to bring to every aspect of the school the same high professional standards that Don brings to racing matters. While doing that, she helps create the famous community that ProFormance has become – a place where most clients end up friends. Her promise: “You’re going to make a lot of new friends here.”
- Birthplace: Seattle, WA.
- Residence: Newcastle, WA.
- Married To: Don Kitch Jr.
- Enjoys: Travel, running, and scrapbooking.
- Places Lived: Seattle.
- How did you get started in racing? I have always loved cars; my first car in high school was a Nissan 280ZX. After school, we’d always go cruising through Alki Beach or Golden Gardens to look at all the beautiful cars.
- Racing Hero: Alex Zanardi, Mario Andretti, and Michael Schumacher.
- Favorite Track: Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans, Daytona International Speedway, Pacific Raceways, and WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
- Favorite Road Car: Porsche Cayenne.
- Favorite Track Car: BMW E46 and Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
- Favorite Music: All music.
- Favorite Foods: Anything with curry.