“If you feel in control, you’re not testing your limits.”
Not all driving careers start with the need for speed. Fred drove a school bus for 14 years, and also drove semis for the US mail service. But that changed when his wife gifted him with the ProFormance High Performance Driving Experience in 2006. Since then he’s completed the SCCA Competition program and has garnered trophies for autocross at Evergreen Speedways. An Englishman by birth, Fred lives in East Wenatchee and has raced all over the region.
Spokane County Raceway, Pacific Raceway, The Ridge Motorsports Park, Portland International Raceway, Oregon Raceway Park, and Evergreen Speedway.
Fred is a teacher by vocation: from 1977 to 1984 he was an outdoor instructor with Everett Mountaineers teaching backcountry skiing, mountaineering, first aid, avalanche rescue, and outdoor survival. He was also a school bus driver trainer.
- Racing Hero: Jackie Stewart.
- Favorite Track: The Ridge Motorsports Park.
- Favorite Road Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia.
- Favorite Track Car: Subaru WRX STI.
- Favorite Music: Contemporary Christian, modern country.
- Favorite Food: My wife’s meatloaf.