“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” – Ernest Hemmingway
A Seattle native, Andrew started his racing career early, with karting at age 8. After winning several national and international titles he won a scholarship to race Formula F1600 with Lynx Racing. He was 14 (what were you doing at that age?). Andrew admits to being a little superstitious, having a wardrobe ritual with specific rules for getting dressed on race day. It seems to be working. He has numerous championships under his belt, such as Formula F2000, IMSA Prototype Lites, and the British Prototype Cup.
Too many to name. Some of his favorites: Brands Hatch Circuit, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Daytona International Raceway, Donington Park Circuit, Sebring International Raceway, Silverstone Circuit, and WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
Since 2015 Andrew has coached drivers of formula cars, Le Mans Prototypes, and streetcars. He’s also fluent in data and video analysis. A ProFormance instructor since 2017, Andrew believes firmly in the ProFormance teaching method.
- Racing Hero: Greg Moore and Hurley Haywood.
- Favorite Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
- Favorite Road Car: Shelby Cobra MKIII 427.
- Favorite Track Car: Whatever I’m driving.
- Favorite Music: Neil Young, Iggy Pop, and Janis Joplin.
- Favorite Food: I’m a fan of most cuisine from around the world.